Wednesday, February 06, 2008

checked in

Well today has been for the most part…Boring. We met with our nurse/ nutritionist/ surgeons all for about 5 min. each. They rest of the day has been spent sitting in our room for most of the day. They do have a big open play area, and Sarah Kathryn loves that! So I’ve had plenty of down time to let my nerves get the best of me. We came in this morning to the hospital expecting to have a final checkup and do some paper work…but we when arrived they took us straight to her hospital room. I really wasnt expecting her to stay tonight, and we were planning some fun "last night ' things to go do. If you know me…I hate not know what to expect and this through me for a loop! My brain needs time to think and plan and process things.
SO….needless to say..i packed nothing for me to stay ..and only a small diaper bag for SK. Way to go, Me! I had to send clay with a list of things to bring back for me from the hotel. Who knows what i endend up with. Oh well. I doubt anyone her cares if my hair gets washed and my clothes match. ( but i do :))
Everyone is SOOO nice and helpful here. I packed tons of stuff for SK but they provide just about everything...food, formula, diapers, wipes, snacks, videos, toys...all i needed to bring was clothes for her . This is definately a place that will make you take a min. stop thinking of your own situation and thank God for all your blessing. Seeing the other children here breaks my heart. I realize how lucky we are .

They told us her surgery is going to start about 10- 10:30, and will last about 2 and 1/2 hours. She will stay the night in the ICU for tommorrow night then moved back to her room the next morning hopefully. I have a 'cot' to sleep one..but it is a chair. that doesnt recline. Comfy! But that's ok, i'd sleep on rusted nails to be next to my sweet baby. Only one parent can stay at a time . Im not liking that rule. Clay should get to stay till 8 every night...but the weather is awful here right now..and he will have to leave before dark tonight bc the roads are icy and its supposed to get worse tonight. BOO! I need him. So tommorrow is the BIG DAY..im excited and nervous for her. excited that she wont have to sneeze out anymore chunks of rice, chicken, magazine(haha)..or whatever she eats. But nervous that she will feel scared or be in pain. The dr. assured me many times that she will be in no pain. She will be grumpy and drowy from the pain medi...but no pain.


Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!
Tracy, Clay , and Sarah Kathryn Branch

No comments:

playlist